According to psychiatrists orlando All of us have to face stress in our daily life in various forms. And in the same way students have too. College students have a lot of pressure and have to go through a lot of things in their college career. College days are not the same for everyone. Students struggle hard in their academic days in college and still they get less marks due to their poor performance. No one wishes to ask them what made them perform so poor even when they are so intelligent. It is all the impact of stress. When students are in college then they have some specific level of stress such as particularly stress regarding career further, expectations of parents and mentors as well as peer group. Being burdened with so much they have to work part-time to earn their pocket money and needful money for their daily life. Students are these days equipped with various modern technological facilities such as LMS portals. LMS portals provide students with an ample number of opportunities regarding the learning process. On the other hand, institute ERP is also included by school managements to take care of the curriculum of students. This is so because institute ERP manages the curriculum in such a way so that it may cause minimum stress to the students. So, let’s study about tips to reduce college students’ stress:
- First of all, students suffer due to disorganized lifestyles. Hence, it is necessary for college students to have a time management skill. Students need to manage their classes and their personal life by allotting particular time for particular works such as for classes, for gym, for a walk, for entertainment and for studies. Now if they are working then they need to allot some time to rest also otherwise the body will not support such stress levels. That is why time-management is very necessary for the college students.
- College students have to deal with difficulties in their life at many fronts. For example, they are not getting food pay grades at their part-time jobs, even after too much hard work they are getting very poor marks and even after so much technological facilities they are not able to study and get some topic of particular subjects like maths, science etc. All these situations push the students towards negative thoughts which demoralize the students and they go into deep depression. Hence, students need to be optimistic in all situations that may, only by these ways they can escape the impacts of negative thinking.
- Stress is such a kind of leech which the nerve leaves the walls of the brain and come what may it finds a way to affect the mind and health. College students need to take care of their health in all the conditions, whether good or worst because it is their health due to which they are able to manage so many things together and as the health gets in trouble so the other things get in trouble. Hence, students need to take care of their health and continuously. They need to rise early in the morning and then it is food for them to do some physical exercise like jogging, toga, pranayama, aerobics and little bit of gym and in this way, they can release an ample amount of stress.
- College studentship is that time of age when students or fellows hesitate to share their problems with anyone. They quite take it up to their ego. They feel embarrassed to share their difficulties of life with anyone, they feel that another person may mock him/her and he/she won’t be able to bear it. Whereas it is just opposite, friends’ family, best friends, wife- these are those characters of life which are always ready to share the pain. So, when stress grabs the mind and heart becomes heavy one must ask for help by keeping ego aside. There is no shame in asking for help in difficult times, our dear ones also feel satisfied that you chose them to ask for help and they are able to help you.
- To stay away from stress and anxiety college students need to do all those things which bring a smile on their faces like meeting a dear friend, watching comedy movies , listening to sweet music etc.