In the past, motorbikes were only for hobbyists, thrill seekers, and sports enthusiasts. But in recent years, there has been a rise in the use of motorcycles as a means of transportation. Today, electric motorcycles are trending anywhere in the world.
An electric motorbike is a welcome development in the field of transportation, especially for people who commute daily. Some groups, both professionals and blue-collar workers, prefer electric motorcycles for adults to commute to work. Although all-electric motorcycles use rechargeable batteries to function, they are not created equal.
There are electric motorbikes that rise above the rest in many ways. These are among the lists of the best electric motorcycle for adults that are preferred by experts. So, how do you choose the best motorbikes for you? It depends on your taste, purpose, and budget.
It is not easy to find the best electric motorcycle because there are several factors that you have to consider when looking for the best electric motorbike. Electric motorbike manufacturers and sellers claim that they have the best on the market. You don’t have to trust them; trust your judgment and decision. With proper research, you will know which electric motorcycle is really the best.
Choosing the best electric motorbike
If you are planning to get a motorbike, the first thing that you have to consider is identifying your purpose. Why do you need a motorbike? Do you need it for your everyday commute, sports, or leisure activities? Electric motorbikes that are used for sports activities are more expensive than regular electric motorbikes.
The second thing that you need to consider is your budget, if money is not a problem, you can get the best electric motorcycle that is available on the market. But if you have a limited budget, you don’t need to worry as there are electric motorcycles under $5000. There are electric motorcycle brands that offer cheap electric motorcycles without compromising their basic features. The Ukko S. is a great example of this.
The final thing you need to define is your taste. Admit it or not, style and fashion cannot be taken out of the picture when selecting the best electric motorbike for your personal use. Remember, this vehicle will be your everyday companion, so it is just right to get one that you really like.
What is the best electric motorbike?
Remember that buying a motorcycle should be a well-planned decision. Once you have identified your purpose, budget, and style, it is time to know the criteria for selecting the best motorbike. The following are some of the important things to look for when buying an electric motorbike.
- If your purpose is to commute in the daily traffic in the city, a small scooter is the best option. Small or sleek electric motorbikes can help you navigate narrow streets, and squeeze in between cars if you are in a hurry or do not want to be stuck in traffic. On the other hand, if your purpose is to join a sporting event or rally of sorts, an off-road dirt bike is a good choice.
- Engine performance. A 150cc engine motorbike is ideal for city commuting, but 350cc and 500cc engines are recommended for serious biking for sports purposes. Also, pay attention to its torque; it must have excellent climbing performance with a maximum torque of 180 N.m.
- Perfect for your body. The best bike is the one that fits your physical body. Choose a bike that is perfect for your physique. If you have shorter legs, do not get an electric motorbike that is too tall for you. Likewise, if you have a big physique, do not get a bike that is too small for you. Weight goes hand in hand with size and shape. The best motorbike is lightweight, preferably with a frame design that is made from aluminum alloy. A lightweight motorcycle is easy to carry, in case you need to climb stairs or carry it inside the building.
- There are electric motorcycles that allow you to customize parts and accessories. This way, you can choose the parts and accessories that you like. The best electric motorcycle is the one that matches your personality and tastes. You can also look for brands that offer a wide range of color schemes.
- A motorbike with a safety-ready button and a side stand safety switch ensures your safety.
- Battery life is one of the most important features of the best motorcycle. A lighter battery reduces the weight of the motorcycle, making it lighter and more comfortable to ride. A battery with an aluminum alloy shell is lighter. Also, make sure that you get a motorcycle with a battery that lasts a long time. It must at least reach 160 km on a single charge.
- Availability of repair centers in your area Make sure you buy electric motorcycles from a reputable seller who provides after-sales service. The shop where you purchase your electric motorcycle must have a repair facility, or at the very least a repair center.
Now that you know the criteria for choosing the best motorcycle, go back to the three important things that you have to consider. The criteria above must be able to meet your demands for purpose, budget, and style. Of course, you can’t have everything in one package. Define your priorities. Which of these criteria serves you best?
Do not be in a hurry when choosing the best motorcycle for your personal use. No one wants to waste their hard-earned money on something that will not last long.
Weigh the pros and cons carefully, and compare and contrast the available models and brands, taking into consideration all the criteria given above. If possible, ask for a trial ride so that you can personally feel if the electric motorcycle matches your physical make-up.